Let united state make an comprehensive study the the meaning, assumptions, uses and limitations that break-even point.Meaning the Break-Even Point:
Break-even point represents that volume of manufacturing where complete costs same to total sales revenue resulting into a no-profit no-loss situation.
If output of any type of product falls listed below that suggest there is loss; and if calculation exceeds that suggest there is profit.
You are watching: One of the limitations associated with break-even analysis is that
Thus, it is the minimum allude of manufacturing where full costs are recovered. Therefore, in ~ break-even point.
Sales Revenue – full Cost
or, Sales – Variable expense = donation = Fixed price
It can be concluded that at break-even allude the contribution earned simply covers the fixed expense and, in ~ levels listed below the point, contribution earned is not sufficient to complement the fixed price and, in ~ levels above the point, contribution earned much more than recovers the fixed cost.
P is the break-even allude in the break-even chart wherein OS and also CT—being the sales line and total price line—intersects. Loss outcomes in the left side of P, i.e., prior to the break-even allude is reached, and, beyond P, profit starts to generate. Break-even point has a large use in the ar of marginal costing and helps to decide the product mix, permanent of marketing price, actions to it is in taken in irreversible planning etc.
Break-even allude can it is in ascertained by utilizing the adhering to formula:
The break-even analysis is based on certain assumptions.
(i) All costs can it is in separated right into fixed and also variable components,
(ii) Fixed prices will remain continuous at all quantities of output,
(iii) Variable costs will fluctuate in straight proportion to volume that output,
(iv) offering price will remain constant,
(v) Product-mix will continue to be unchanged,
(vi) The number of units of sales will coincide through the units developed so the there is no opened or closeup of the door stock,
(vii) productivity per worker will stay unchanged,
(viii) There will certainly be no change in the basic price level.Uses the Break-Even Analysis:
(i) It help in the determination of selling price which will give the wanted profits.
(ii) It help in the continuous of sales volume come cover a provided return on resources employed.
(iii) It help in forecasting costs and also profit together a an outcome of adjust in volume.
(iv) It gives suggestions for change in sales mix.
(v) It help in make inter-firm comparison of profitability.
(vi) It help in decision of costs and revenue at assorted levels of output.
(vii) the is an assist in management decision-making (e.g., make or buy, introducing a product etc.), forecasting, irreversible planning and maintaining profitability.
(viii) the reveals business strength and profit earning capacity of a worry without much challenge and effort.Limitations that Break-Even Analysis:
1. Break-even evaluation is based on the assumption that every costs and expenses deserve to be clearly separated into fixed and also variable components. In practice, however, it may not be possible to attain a clear-cut department of prices into fixed and also variable types.
2. The assumes the fixed expenses remain continuous at all levels of activity. It must be provided that fixed costs tend to vary beyond a details level the activity.
3. It assumes the variable expenses vary proportionately with the volume that output. In practice, they move, no doubt, in sympathy v volume that output, but not necessarily in straight proportions..
4. The assumption that offering price remains unchanged provides a right revenue heat which might not be true. Offering price the a product counts upon details factors like industry demand and also supply, competition etc., therefore it, too, hardly continues to be constant.
5. The assumption that just one product is produced or that product mix will stay unchanged is difficult to discover in practice.
See more: An Agent Who Buys And Sells Securities From Inventory Is Called A:
6. Apportionment that fixed expense over a selection of commodities poses a problem.
7. It assumes the the service conditions might not change which is not true.
8. The assumes the production and also sales amounts are equal and there will certainly be no change in opening and also closing stock of perfect product, these carry out not hold good in practice.
9. The break-even evaluation does no take into consideration the amount of funding employed in the business. In fact, capital employed is an essential determinant of the benefit of a concern.